Friday 14 January 2011

PETER PAN

I am loving Peter Pan blouses at the moment. Although it is a trend that has been around for a few months- I am often behind when it comes to identifying how I really feel about a trend- there are dozens of pieces to be found at affordable prices on the high street. Whether its a tiered, lace or trimmed blouse you are after, this look is one which I think will be around for quite a while. Timeless, classic and bold the Peter Pan blouse brings a look of innocence as well as sophistication and professionalism to an outfit. Although at first I was skeptical about how it should be worn, it turns out the Peter Pan blouse looks great with leggings, shorts, skirts and jeans-pretty much anything you have in your wardrobe really. The only thing I would say, as the detail tends to be fairly heavy on the top, it would probably be better to under play what you wear on the bottom. Black plain cropped trousers or dark denim jeans provide an understated combination. I managed to find a Peter Pan trimmed dress in New Look a week ago for just £16- a very similar dress is available in Topshop for double the price. Great success! Here are some of the best blouses I've found on the high street this week....


New Look £16


Primemark £15

Topshop £36




River Island £26


Urban Outfitters £45




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you have to say about this post....