Thursday 25 August 2011

boyish charm

So its official, A/W11 is upon us and although personally I feel like I have barely had a chance to wear my summer clothes yet, fashion is always that one step ahead.

One trend that fashionista’s can expect to see more of this season is masculine chic. Tailored shirts, fitted blouses and cropped trousers will all be making an appearance both on the catwalks and on the high street this season.

If this years’ September issue has taught me anything, it’s that the key piece of this trend is the classic cropped trouser. A staple piece.

If you are taller a cropped skinny will flatter your lengthy pins, where as if you are petite floor sweepers will elongate your legs. 


If you are undecided on the black trouser- the choices available to you are endless. We have the cropped cigarette trouser, the smart skinny, the floor sweeper, the schoolboy and the tuxedo styled trouser…to name a few.

Perfect for a classy cocktail filled evening or a day at the office, black trousers will make you feel powerful and classy.

The cropped trouser will play a vital role in you’re A/W wardrobe- so look out for a pair on the high street. I would also advice spending that little bit more on a pair that will last you this year and the next.

I personally favour a black cropped trouser- as black is best known for being sliming and it's also easier to accessorise.  


I managed to pick up a pair from Zara’s basic range last A/W season and they only cost me £19.99. I am still wearing them this year, although the colour has faded ever so slightly. I like to wear mine with kitten heels, a shirt and a clutch bag for an evening look. During the day they look great with moccasins and a blazer.

Here are a collection of cropped trousers on the catwalk:
the cropped trouser on the catwalk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you have to say about this post....