Tuesday 7 February 2012

Glossy Box Reviews

Today I will be reviewing two more of the products from December's GlossyBox. (See December’s GlossyBox post here.


So far I have been pretty positive when it comes to the products in December's GlossyBox. So far each product has lived up to its expectations and each product was certainly worth the monthly fee of just £10. However the Cargo Lip Gloss was pretty disappointing to be honest. Although it certainly didn't do my lips any harm, there wasn't anything special about it that made it stand out. I definitely wouldn't rush out to buy it again, nor would I necessarily recommend it to a friend. I was given a peachy shade lip gloss, as you can see from the photo below and its RRP is £10. There are definitely better lip glosses on the market if it's value for money or impact you are after and to say £10 is expensive for this product is an understatement. I really recommend Virgin Vie's Blush Gloss which will also cost you £10 but will give you so much more for your pennies. The Blush Gloss reacts with the skins natural PH, leaving your lips a sheer strawberry or a deep cherry depending on your skin tone. It stains the lips and will quite literally stay on all day. The only problem with this product is that it is quite often out of stock! But I think this is a good sign as apposed to a bad- at least you know people are going crazy for it!


Cargo Lip Gloss you were a let down! I would give this product just 1/5 as it was disappointing and uninspiring. I definitely wouldn't pay £10 for it and I can see it being one of those beauty products that over time I will forget I have and end up throwing away.

2. Nip + Fab Spot Fix

This product was okay. (I am really sounding miserable today hey?!) An anti-blemish gel which claims to 'reduce the appearance of problem prone skin', this spot fix was worth a try. If my skin is looking a little unhealthier then usually, I don't really tend to use spot fixes or any of those sorts of products. I have really sensitive skin so sometimes products like this one tend to do more harm then good. However it did help to reduce the blemish but it definitely wasn't a quick fix and it certainly wasn't 'instant' as it claimed to be. The product is easy to use and comes in a handy tube that allows you to apply the gel straight to the problem area. The gel contains healing agents such as eucalyptus and tea tree, both of which are renowned for being effective in solving skin problems and this explains its anti-inflammatory properties. The packaging is attractive and I like the idea of a 'Nip + Fab' fix, however I think its RRP of £9.95 is a bit steep.



I don't really have much more to the say on this particular product. It was just okay, nothing spectacular and although I think I will use the rest of the tube, I don't think I would buy it again afterwards. I give the Nip + Fab Spot Fix 2/5, a good product that serves its purpose but like all the other products that claim to work instantly, this one definitely doesn’t. I think I will stick to bucket loads of water and masses of fruit for healthy looking skin!


3. Deborah Lippmann's, 'The Stripper to Go'
 Nail Varnish Remover 

I was really impressed with Deborah Lippmann's nail varnish (a review for this product can be seen here) and the nail varnish remover was equally as good. It smelt of lavender which was a bonus as nail varnish removers usually smell horrible. The sachet contained one single finger mitt which managed to take off all of my nail varnish, just as it said it would. Considering I was removing glitter nail varnish I was surprised that it managed to get it all off at once, as they can often be stubborn to remove. You can buy a box of 6 nail varnish remover finger mitts for $12 (roughly £7.50) which is a bit expensive when you consider an entire bottle of nail varnish remover costs just a couple of pounds. However saying that it's important to note that this is a luxury product that would act more as a rare treat rather then an every day essential.



I have decided to give this nail varnish remover 3/5 as I enjoyed using it, it smelt great and contained Aloe Vera which was gentle on my nails. Also after having a thorough check on the website, I noticed that all of Deborah Lippmann products are NOT tested on animals, which makes me like this product even more. It's just a shame that it is way out of my price range! 


* Disclaimer: This review is based upon my own thoughts and findings 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you have to say about this post....