Monday 2 April 2012

GlossyBox Review

Today I will be reviewing the DUWOP Venom Lip Gloss, the final item in February's GlossyBox. 
~Please note that I was also given the IMPRESS Nails as part of February's box but I gave these away as I really don’t like using false nails, what did everyone else think about this product?~

Of all the products I received in last months box, the DUWOP Venom lip gloss was my least favourite, as although I am always happy to try new brands especially when it comes to lip glosses, the finished look was nothing out of the ordinary and I really didn't like the texture of this product once applied. 

DUWOP is said to be an innovative brand that attempts to create a product as a result of combining what women need with a modern beauty outlook. The lip gloss contains a selection of high-quality ingredients such as cinnamon, wintergreen and ginger, which you could certainly smell once the product was applied. Although this lip gloss is really interesting in theory, I have definitely tried more unique products and although I didn’t hate this product, I wouldn’t buy it again when my sample has run out.

I think that my disappointment was partly due to the fact that I was given a shade of lip gloss that I wouldn't necessarily use on a day to day basis. The buttercup shade was a little boring to be frank and instead I would have been much more interested to try this product in the tulip shade or the love in a mist shade.

The lip gloss smelt gorgeous and you could certainly smell the unique ingredients, it was just the end result that proved a little disappointing. The buttercup shade was pretty dull and instead of giving your lips a luxurious finish, it just ended up feeling sticky and the overall taste was very overpowering. The lip gloss also caused a light tingling sensation upon application, which is said to give you full, voluptuous lips but unfortunately it didn’t stay on for long and I didn’t notice any different in terms of fullness. 

The RRP of this product is £16 which is reasonable for a product that I am sure many people would enjoy using, as I said before I am sure if I had been able to try this product in a different shade this review may have been more positive. As a result I would give this product a 3 out of 5. I didn’t dislike it, I just wasn’t crazy about it. I think that because I liked the other products in February’s GlossyBox so much, in comparison this lip gloss was always going to be a bit dull and uninspiring.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring ideas! Love your posts! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you i am glad you like! absolutely...x

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you have to say about this post....