Tuesday 27 September 2011

designer lounge: BIG jewellery

Last season it was all very much about dainty gold jewellery, with coin charms and delicate pendants. However this season it couldn't be more different, as the fashion pack prepare for big, spikey, knuckle duster jewellery.

Although I havent quite made up my mind about how I feel about this trend yet, what I do know is that it is a health and safety hazard!

Set of four rings £295
Net-A-Porter.com 
When it comes to jewellery I firmly believe that you can never really wear too much. I own far more jewellery than necessary and some of my favourite things in the whole world are pieces of jewellery, but it has to be said I am not quite convinced with this new trend. Set's of four rings are just impractical surely? Or am I missing the point here...

Big links, colourful chains and big bold pieces are set to be everywhere this season, so depending on how brave you are will determine just how big your jewellery is this autumn.

Obviously the example on the right is far much more than your average person would spend on a set or rings, but this premium gold ball and pearl ring from Topshop, with its bead effect and general outrageousness, is exactly what this new trend is all about.

Furthermore check out this pink leather cuff by Aurelie Bidermann, which is once again outlandishly over the top and tacky.

I mean I am definitely a fan of chunky bracelets and over the top necklaces, but could this be a step too far?

I just can't make up my mind when it comes to big jewellery...let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you have to say about this post....