Friday 30 September 2011

friday feeling-twitter


This week I will be reviewing Twitter, as I have recently given myself up to the the social media site that boasts celebrity fans including Lauren Conrad and Britney Spears. 

Twitter blurs the boundaries between celebrity and your average Joe, as no matter who you are or what you do, you can still follow your favourite celebrity idols- a nosier, slightly more narcissistic version of facebook perhaps. 

The list of celebrities I am following so far include Justin Bieber (yes I have the fever), Stephen Fry, Karl Pilkington and BINTM winner Jade Thompson
tweeting on the go

Although I am still a learner, I think I successfully managed to upload my first picture yesterday...

I think as a blogger twitter is a great way to bring more traffic to your site, as you can tweet about new posts, ideas and inspirations. It acts as a promotional platform and its quick, easy and much more convenient then the likes of facebook or google+. 

Its also more practical then facebook, as it allows you to tweet on the run and the ability to do this is what has made it so popularity amongst the celebrity crowd.

As an aspiring journalist, its a great outlet to mention people you have written about or intend to include in your work. Its also a great way to put forward opinions and thoughts on a whole host of subjects. 
 
I have started to use twitter in the same way that I would use text messaging, its instant, easy and like SMS you have a limited amount of characters (140). Speed and concision are definitely two things is has in its favor over facebook and in a generation that are becoming increasingly lazy, that suits us perfectly. 
 
Inside Ireland i.e  use Twitter to swiftly post updates about the news that is appearing onto their website, a great way to be in the know without having to even pick up a newspaper.  
I am definitely becoming addicted to twitter and though I am a little slow on the up-take, I am hoping it will do wonders for bracelets and bangles. 

I can be found on twitter under the name of braceletbangles
  
If you haven't already, get yourself on twitter and let the tweeting begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you have to say about this post....