Tuesday 13 September 2011

designer lounge: coats

In this weeks designer lounge I will be looking at different coats and jackets for your A/W wardrobe.

So it's that time of year again when we all start to think about investing in a winter coat that will see us right through the cold spell.

Like always our options are plentiful and choosing outerwear can often seem like a chore.

I know personally that choosing a winter coat is a hard decision, not because I can't find one that I like but because I like all of them....

I would say, what with clothing prices on the increase, its better to opt for a slightly cheaper option as coats tend to go out of fashion extremely quickly.

Personally I tend to buy a few coats between now and the up and coming winter months, which gives me choice and range.

However, if you are the sort of shopper who purchases one coat for the entire winter, than be prepared to spend a little more on the chosen one.

That said, here are some of the most reasonably priced and stylish coats I have come across on the high street.

1. This mans wool crombie coat by boutique is £175 from Topshop- but fear not! I am not suggesting you should rush out and spend a fortune on it! I am simply using this as an example, as I have seen a coat very similar to this one in Primemark for about £30. This just goes to show that it is definitely worth shopping around before you spend the earth on your winter coat. However if you can afford more expensive pieces, this coat is worth a second look. 


2. If you are looking to spend very little on your winter coat, then I have definitely found the one for you! This shearling duffle coat is from New Look and is just £7!! The reason being is its from last years winter range, that said you will get away with wearing it this winter, as fur line and sheep skin are set to be big this season. NB: Online there are only sizes 6/8 left. 

3. This tobacco brown quilted jacket is from River Island and cost £50. Quilted jackets were definitely big last season, however they are sure to keep your warm this season as well. I have recently purchased a green one from Primemark costing just £22.

4. If you are someone who feels the cold, as am I, a fur coat will keep you as snug as a bug in a rug this winter! Whether they are in fashion or not, I will be wearing mine throughout the winter months as I love it. It looks great dressed casually or dressed up- everyone should invest! This beautiful fur coat is £39.99 from h&m. Fake fur all the way.

5. Return of the mac? I think so! This classic tab pocket mac is from Matalan and cost £40. This coat is thin and therefore perfect for the cooler days that lead up to winter. This mac in particular would look great with work wear or evening wear, as the belt around the waist will give you some shape- something that many coats definitely don't do. 

6. This is possibly my favourite coat out of them all. If you are not quite brave enough to try fur all over, then something like this twill faux fur collar coat is ideal. Costing £85, a tad extreme I realise, this coat will last and last. If you are someone who likes to look vintage without necessary buying vintage, than this coat is for you. The perfect christmas present from Miss Selfridge. 



1 comment:

Let me know what you have to say about this post....