Tuesday 6 September 2011

rimmel’s vinyl lip-gloss.


When it comes to lip-gloss, I have always used Virgin Vie’s blush clear gloss.

It is a natural product that reacts with the skins PH, leaving a sheer strawberry to a deeper natural cheery hue. It is a lip stain so the colour is long lasting and doesn’t loose its shine.

However, as much as I rate this product very highly, it is quite expensive at £10 for a small tube that lasts me only about a month. So I felt it was time to tighten the purse strings and opt for a slightly cheaper lip-gloss that will do more or less the same thing.


That said, I purchased Rimmel’s vinyl lip- Gloss that boasted itself to be a ‘voluptuously shiny lip-gloss’, however I was quite disappointed. It claims to make your lips up to 40% curvier and whilst this may be true (although I have yet to notice) it stays on for no time at all.


Supposedly it takes just ‘one stroke’ to get the London look, except this couldn’t be further from the truth. The colour fades extremely quickly and I found myself having to re-apply every 15 minutes. Inconvenient and a waste of time.

I went with the 301 shade, ‘addictive’ the colour that model Georgia May Jagger is supposedly wearing in the advertisements. However the colour comes out completely different and is verging on purple instead of pink.  Whats’s more, I would go as far to say it looks slightly tacky.   

Although this product is supposed to be the best on the market, I fail to see this and I don’t think I will be purchasing it again. Rimmel is good for your bog standard items such as liquid eyeliner and pencil eyeliner, but when it comes to the lips, I will stick to Virgin Vie from now on.

In terms of price, the vinyl max lip-gloss was relatively cheap and cost £4.99 from Boots. Reasonable if you are looking for a quick fix on a night out, but a waste of money if you want something more long lasting and substantial.

I would score this product 2/5

*Disclaimer- this review is based upon my own thoughts and opinions 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you have to say about this post....